Here’s some fresh ideas for your next grilling party!
- Add whole strawberries and chunks of mango to a kabob and grill. Serve warm or cold as an appetizer or toss in a salad.
- Add clean potato wedges or slices to the grill. Use to make potato salad, add to mixed green salads, or serve as a side dish with marinade or salsa to flavor. Read labels to choose a sauce/topping with minimal fat and sodium.
- Grill slices of watermelon, honeydew, or cantaloupe for an appetizer or dessert idea that will have guests raving.
- Dice nectarines, berries, and peaches, toss with some chopped fresh mint and lemon or lime juice, then use to top fish or chicken as a pretty way to add fruit to your main meal.
- Serve cherries simply, in a glass bowl, for guests to enjoy in their natural state. The sweet cherries are so good this year even if kitchen skills are not your strength, guests will love this addition to the menu. This also doubles as a beautiful centerpiece! Be sure to offer small bowls and napkins for the stems and pits.
- Freeze berries or grapes into 100% juice ice cubes. Float in ice tea, lemonade, or water for a pretty way to add a fruit serving to the party on hot days.
Watch for up to date information every week. If there is a specific health or nutrition related issue you would like more information on, please e-mail us at email@example.com or write to:
5533 W. 25th St.
Cicero, IL 60804
ATTN. Fresh Take on Health and Nutrition Column from Jewel-Osco